January 8-March 9, 2018
Class No.: HORT/AGRO/PLPT/TLMT 414/814
Credits: One graduate credit
This course introduces students to turf diseases, including current and emerging diseases. Emphasis is on diseases prevalent in the Great Plains area of the U.S.; concepts will apply to turf diseases occurring in other parts of the world. Topics include pathogen biology, disease cycles, epidemiology and plant health management strategies.
High-speed Internet access, an updated Internet browser, email, and the ability to view videos and use Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat.
Compendium of Turfgrass Diseases, Third Edition, by R.W. Smiley, P.H. Dernoeden & B.B. Clarke. (required) Purchase text from APS Press.
Students taking this course for academic credit must be admitted to UNL and have completed BIOS/PLPT 369 or one semester of an equivalent introductory-level plant pathology course.
Academic Credit: For information on tuition and fees, please visit the Student Accounts website.
AG*IDEA: $545 per credit hour
Who It's For:
Among those who would benefit from taking this course are:
- Graduate students and advanced undergraduate students. Graduate students must earn a B or above to include this course on their Memorandum of Courses (MOC).
- Graduate Horticulture certificate students
- Certified professional agronomists and crop consultants
- Professional turf managers
- Golf course superintendents
- Landscape maintenance professionals
- Seed industry personnel
- Extension educators or agents
- Science and vocational agriculture teachers