Instructor: Instructor: Dave Lambe, Assoc. Professor of Practice and Michelle Bassford
Fall 2017: Aug. 21-Dec. 15, 2017
Class No.: AGRO/ABUS/ENTR/EAEP/HORT 888/488, section 700 or 791 for online. Meets ACE 10 requirements.
Credits: Three graduate or undergraduate credits. This course is offered for academic credit only. Graduate students must earn a B or above to include this course on their Memorandum of Courses (MOC).
Certified Crop Advisors may earn 10 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) in the Professional Development Area.
Academic Credit via MyRed
Students will research a specific agricultural enterprise, then develop and present a business plan using materials from the primary area of interest. Requires completion of a shadowing assignment and analyses of case studies.
High-speed Internet access, email, Microsoft products, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and ability to view videos. Recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
None. All materials are online.
Admission to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Interest or prior coursework in plant science, horticulture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, management or entrepreneurship.
Who it's for
- UNL graduate students (must earn a B or above to include on a plan of study).
- UNL undergraduate students
- Science and ag teachers
- Extension Educators/Agents and Specialists
- Agronomists and crop consultants (This course offers 10 Continuing Education Units - CEUs - for Certified Crop Advisors).
- Agribusiness professionals engaged in marketing, sales or training
- Government officials and community leaders
- Anyone interested in agribusiness, agriculture, or entrepreneurship.