June 11 – Aug. 4, 2018
This module is an introduction to pathogen biology, pathogen-host interactions, and environmental influences on plant diseases. It includes implementation of cultural, resistance, and chemical strategies for disease management.
High-Speed Internet access with an updated browser, email, and ability to view graphics and videos.
None. All materials will be available via the Internet / Canvas.
Learners must be admitted to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture’s Plant Breeding & Genetics Professional Certificate program. This module is intended to serve as an entry into other UNL Department of Plant Pathology courses.
Class fee for non-academic/professional credit is $750.
Who it's for
Among those who would benefit from taking this module are:
- Participants in the professional Plant Breeding & Genetics certificate
- Plant breeders
- Turf, landscape and greenhouse professionals
- Certified professional agronomists and crop consultants
- Seed industry personnel
- Extension educators, agents and specialists
- Anyone interested in plant health