Fall 2020: August 24 – December 18, 2020
Spring 2021: January 11 – May 7, 2021
Professional Certificate Module
One Non-academic Unit per Module
(Register for any or all 3 modules. Please note that Modules 2 & 3 build on Module 1.)
- Module 1: Pathogens (please take this module first as Module 2 & 3 build on Module 1).
- Module 2: Cultural & Chemical Management
- Module 3: Defenses and Host Resistance (coming this fall!)
Separated into three parts, these modules offer an introduction to pathogen biology, pathogen-host interactions, and environmental influences on plant diseases for agribusiness professionals. The modules cover the implementation of cultural, resistance, and chemical strategies for disease management.
High-Speed Internet access with an updated browser, email, and ability to view graphics and videos. Recommended browsers are Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Edge and Internet Explorer don't work well with our software systems.
None. All materials will be available via the Internet / eXtension.
Learners must be admitted to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture’s Plant Breeding & Genetics Professional Certificate program. This module is intended to serve as an entry into other UNL Department of Plant Pathology courses.
Price for each module is $270. Each module is 1 unit.
Who it's for
Among those who would benefit from taking this module are:
- Participants in the professional Plant Breeding & Genetics certificate
- Plant breeders
- Turf, landscape and greenhouse professionals
- Certified professional agronomists and crop consultants
- Seed industry personnel
- Extension educators, agents and specialists
- Anyone interested in plant health