Welcome to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture online program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! This homepage describes the online Master's Degree in Agronomy or Horticulture as well as online graduate certificates. These distance education programs will help you move your agricultural career forward without ever having to leave your home or community.
"If you want to go far, go together," Professor Steve Baenziger quoting an African proverb in this video above. View his comments on why you should come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and join the collegial atmosphere in the Agronomy and Horticulture online program.
Program Points of Excellence:
- Exceptional faculty who are committed to student success and are well-known in their field;
- Students supported by a community of learners, faculty and staff;
- Quality customer service;
- Flexibile class selection;
- A mixture of asynchronous and synchronous classes;
- Access to UNL services such as Career Services, Library and Alumni Association for academic students;
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission;
- Ranked #9 in 2016 Most Affordable Online Agriculture Degrees by ONLINEU.
It's easy to apply to the Agronomy and Horticulture Masters' Degrees or Academic Certificates at the UNL Graduate Studies' website!
All Plant Breeding & Genetics Professional Certificate students must email staff to enroll.
Online Agronomy Master's students Grow their Stories and the Program
People expect things to grow in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. While not always dealing with plant matter, the department's online Master of Science (MS) program is growing in size, scope and stories.
With more than 50 online MS students, 10 students have graduated since last August. Their projects and stories have been as unique as their personalities, interests and geographic locations.
Projects have ranged from Corn Hybrid Management trials in Texas, to inoculating corn for disease resistance in the Southeast United States, to creating a Plant Science high school lesson plan for the State of Utah.
Continued to News Archive page.
Check out our News Archives.