Welcome Online Students!
Online and distance students are the reason for this UNL Agronomy and Horticulture Distance Education website. At the graduate level, students are expected to initiate communication among faculty advisors, peers, and staff. Since online master's and certificate students don't have the option to participate in on-campus activities, our team seeks to provide additional resources and information for online students.
UNL Libraries offers a variety of research options for distance students. Visit the UNL Libraries website to get connected to online scholarly journals and research articles. On this website, click on the E-Resources link which connects you to popular databases for research articles.
UNL Libraries’ e-resources and services, two online research guides are now available:
Agronomy – Subject Guide: http://unl.libguides.com/agronomy
Horticulture Research Guide: http://unl.libguides.com/horticulture
These guides contain direct links to Libraries’ online indexes, selected e-journals and e-books, and to Libraries’ services such as Delivery/Interlibrary Loan. The Libraries' Interlibrary Loan program requests that students create an account using a username of your choice and your password is your NUID.
There are also subject librarians who can help you find additional resources in your area of interest. The subject librarian for Agronomy and Horticulture is Leslie Delserone.
Academic Search other than the Library
- Distance Education student checklist
- Grade Requirements for graduate students (Students are highly encouraged to earn a B or above)
- Graduate Bulletin
- Guidelines for Good Practice in Graduate Education
- Master's Degree Forms (Memorandum of Courses and Final Exam Forms)
Office of Online and Distance Education
- Technology Requirements - Please do not use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge internet browsers as they are not compatible with Blackboard, our current Learning Management System - (LMS). By fall 2017, Canvas will become the default LMS at UNL.
- Tips for Success
- Why UNL
- Registration Procedures in MyRed
- 2016-17 Academic Calendar
- Where to find Application for Graduation Form in MyRed
Paying for CollegeUNL Office of Student Accounts Webpage
- Funding for Graduate Students - Funding is generally not available for distance students since assistantships are reserved for on-campus students. However, students should complete the FAFSA annually in case they are eligible for federal financial assistance.
- Tuition & Fees for graduate students enrolled in CASNR Online/Distance Education Graduate Courses for Fall 2016
Nebraska Residents Tuition (Focused on Graduate level) Undergrad classes Graduate Tuition Distance Ed Fee Tech. Fee Library Fee Total Per Credit Hr. ($257.25*) $325.50 $25.00 $11 $4.00 $365.50 3 Credit Hr. ($771.75*) $976.50 $75.00 $33 $12.00 $1,096.50 Grad class Non-ResidentsTuition (Focused on Graduate level) Undergrad classes Graduate Tuition Distance Ed Fee Technology Fee Library Fee Total Per Credit Hr. ($535*) $609 $25.00 $11 $4.00 $649 3 Credit Hr. (1,605*) $1827 $75.00 $33 $12.00 $1,947 Note: Students will be charged a $20 registration fee per semester.
(* For informational purposes only and not included in Chart Total.)