Welcome to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture online program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! This homepage describes the online Master's Degree in Agronomy or Horticulture as well as online graduate certificates. These distance education programs will help you move your agricultural career forward without ever having to leave your home or community.
"If you want to go far, go together," Professor Steve Baenziger quoting an African proverb in this video above. View his comments on why you should come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and join the collegial atmosphere in the Agronomy and Horticulture online program.
Program Points of Excellence:
- Exceptional faculty who are committed to student success and are well-known in their field;
- Students supported by a community of learners, faculty and staff;
- Quality customer service;
- Flexible class selection;
- A mixture of asynchronous and synchronous classes;
- Access to UNL services such as Career Services, Library and Alumni Association for academic students;
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission;
- Ranked #9 in 2016 Most Affordable Online Agriculture Degrees by ONLINEU.
It's easy to apply to the Agronomy and Horticulture Masters' Degrees or Academic Certificates at the UNL Graduate Studies' website!
All Plant Breeding & Genetics Professional Certificate students must email staff to enroll.
Crop Genetic Engineering Mini-course Begins Oct. 23
Individuals will learn the basic steps required to produce a genetically engineered crop. Genetic engineering is one of the most rapidly integrated and intensively scrutinized technologies applied to crop production in the United States.
Check out our News Archives.