Welcome to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture online program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! This homepage describes the online Master's Degree in Agronomy or Horticulture as well as online graduate certificates. These distance education programs will help you move your agricultural career forward without ever having to leave your home or community.
"If you want to go far, go together," Professor Steve Baenziger quoting an African proverb in this video above. View his comments on why you should come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and join the collegial atmosphere in the Agronomy and Horticulture online program.
Program Points of Excellence:
- Exceptional faculty who are committed to student success and are well-known in their field;
- Students supported by a community of learners, faculty and staff;
- Quality customer service;
- Flexible class selection;
- A mixture of asynchronous and synchronous classes;
- Access to UNL services such as Career Services, Library and Alumni Association for academic students;
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission;
It's easy to apply to the Agronomy and Horticulture Masters' Degrees or Academic Certificates at the UNL Graduate Studies' website!
Blessington attends 2018 U.S. Borlaug Summer Institute on Global Food Security
Brooke Blessington, a University of Nebraska–Lincoln graduate student in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture distance program, who was selected to attend the 2018 U.S. Borlaug Summer Institute on Global Food Security, June 3-16 at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
Blessington is specializing in plant breeding and genetics for her master's degree and is advised by Don Lee, professor of agronomy.