Welcome to the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture online program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! This homepage describes the online Master's Degree in Agronomy or Horticulture as well as online graduate certificates. These distance education programs will help you move your agricultural career forward without ever having to leave your home or community.
"If you want to go far, go together," Professor Steve Baenziger quoting an African proverb in this video above. View his comments on why you should come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and join the collegial atmosphere in the Agronomy and Horticulture online program.
Program Points of Excellence:
- Exceptional faculty who are committed to student success and are well-known in their field;
- Students supported by a community of learners, faculty and staff;
- Quality customer service;
- Flexible class selection;
- A mixture of asynchronous and synchronous classes;
- Access to UNL services such as Career Services, Library and Alumni Association for academic students;
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission;
It's easy to apply to the Agronomy and Horticulture Masters' Degrees or Academic Certificates at the UNL Graduate Studies' website!
Online Genetics Module Starts July 1
Learners who want to pursue the Plant Breeding & Genetics professional certificate (non-academic) may want to take this Genetics module as a refresher.
This self-paced module centers around the genetic principles of inheritance in plants and animals and their significance in biology and agriculture. Learn more about Punnett Squares that are used to predict an outcome of a particular cross or breeding experiment.
The module includes weekly problem sets and some participant-run experiments to clarify genetics and selective plant breeding topics. Register today and get that solid knowledge base before springboarding into the Plant Breeding & Genetics professional certificate!
For additional questions, contact Kathy Schindler, email@example.com, 402-472-1730.