A variety of modules are offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and learners may enter the program at any time. Learners may either take individual modules that suit their needs and goals, or they can register in the online Plant Breeding and Genetics Professional Certificate.
Learners should register at least one week prior to the module start date. If not, they may be subject to late fees. Registration for each session closes after the first week of class.
Total Cost to Earn the Professional Certificate:
Modules are offered continuously throughout the year often starting mid-August, early January, or early June. Take this free online test in our Plant & Soil Sciences eLibrary to find out which class you should take first. Simply register as a new visitor. Email Diane Nolan at email@example.com with any questions about the online test.
- Genetic Engineering in Plants (spring, summer & fall)
- Self-Pollinated Plant Breeding for Professionals (Fall)
- Genetic Resources for Plant Breeding (Fall)
- Outcrossing in Plant Breeding (Fall)
- Applications of Haploids and Doubled Haploids in Plant Breeding (spring)
- Improving Plants Using Hybrid Vigor (spring)
- Plant Breeding for Environmental Variation (spring 2020)
- Plant Genetics (2 units): Spring 2020
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Phytophthora Resistance in Soybean Case Study
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Transgenic Strategies
- Integrated Weed Management for Agribusiness Professionals (Spring 2020)
- Management of Turfgrass Disease (Spring 2019)
- Plant Pathology (now separated into 3 separate modules)
- Module 1: Pathogens (take first this summer 2019)
- Module 2: Cultural & Chemical Mgt. (also available for summer 2019)
- Module 3: Defenses and Host Resistance (coming this fall!)
- Or Enroll in all three modules for a special price of $750 starting in Fall 2019!
- Genetic Principles (Self-Paced) (now split into 3 separate modules)
- Module 1: Inheritance in Families and Populations
(starting June 10, 2019, for 10 weeks. Fall session starting Aug. 25)
- Module 2: Chromosomes and Genes (also starting June 10 for 10 weeks).
- Module 3: Molecular Genetic Engineering & DNA Testing Methods (starting Aug. 25 for fall session)
- Plant Breeding for Non-Plant Breeders: An Introduction to Basic Concepts (Held in the summer)
* Refreshers do not count in the 12 certificate units