A variety of modules are offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and learners may enter the program at any time. Learners may either take individual modules that suit their needs and goals, or they can register in the online Plant Breeding and Genetics Professional Certificate.
Learners should register at least one week prior to the module start date. If not, they may be subject to late fees. Registration for each session closes after the first week of class.
Total Cost to Earn the Professional Certificate:
Modules are offered continuously throughout the year.
- Crop Genetic Engineering
- Self-Pollinated Crop Breeding
- Germplasm & Genes
- Cross-Pollinated Crop Breeding
- Haploids and Doubled Haploids
- Genotype by Environment Interaction (G x E)
- Crop & Weed Genetics (2 units)
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Phytophthora Resistance in Soybean Case Study
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Transgenic Strategies
- Environmental Impacts of Crop Genetics: Weed Evolution
- Integrated Weed Management
- Turfgrass Disease Management
- Plant Pathology
- Learning Plant Science
- Learning Biotechnology
- Independent Study