A variety of modules are offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and learners may enter the program at any time. Learners may either take individual modules that suit their needs and goals, or they can register in the online Plant Breeding and Genetics Professional Certificate.
Learners should register at least one week prior to the module start date. If not, they may be subject to late fees. Registration for each session closes after the first week of class.
Total Cost to Earn the Professional Certificate:
Modules are offered continuously throughout the year often starting mid-August, early January, or early June. Take this free online test in our Plant & Soil Sciences eLibrary to find out which class you should take first. Simply register as a new visitor. Email Diane Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the online test.
- Genetic Engineering in Plants (spring, summer & fall)
- Self-Pollinated Plant Breeding for Professionals (Fall)
- Genetic Resources for Plant Breeding (Fall)
- Outcrossing in Plant Breeding (Fall)
- Applications of Haploids and Doubled Haploids in Plant Breeding (spring)
- Improving Plants Using Hybrid Vigor (spring)
- Plant Breeding for Environmental Variation (spring 2020)
- Plant Genetics (2 units): Spring 2019
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Phytophthora Resistance in Soybean Case Study
- Disease Resistance Breeding: Transgenic Strategies
- Weed Response to Crop Genetics: Cancelled for Spring 2019
- Integrated Weed Management for Agribusiness Professionals (Spring 2020)
- Management of Turfgrass Disease (Spring 2019)
- Plant Pathology
- Science Education & Communication: Plant Science (Offered summer odd-numbered years)
- Science Education & Communication: Biotechnology (Offered summer even-numbered years)
- Genetic Principles (Self-Paced) - Now offered Quarterly!
- Plant Breeding for Non-Plant Breeders: An Introduction to Basic Concepts (Held in the summer)
* Refreshers do not count in the 12 certificate units